Water damage is one of the worst things that can happen to your smartphone, whether it is an iPhone or any other. Perhaps you were standing too close to a water source and your phone fell out of your pocket, you were caught outdoors by a severe rainstorm, or you were pushed into a swimming pool. Either way, the situation is quite dire! To increase your chances of saving your phone from permanent damage, try the following home remedies before bringing it in to a phone repair shop:
- Turn off the phone, if it hasn’t automatically done so.
- Remove its back cover, battery, SIM card, and memory card.
- Carefully dry all the parts with a towel or soft cloth.
- Fill a container with rice and place the phone into it, leaving it with the lid closed for 3 days.
- After the 3 days, reassemble the phone and try turning it back on.
Remember: Time is of the essence! If your phone has been exposed to water or other liquids and you managed to revive it using the steps listed in this article, we recommend bringing it to us at Batteries Shack for additional inspection. Your Sterling Heights phone repair experts will make sure there is no permanent damage and/or use our specialized tools to restore your phone to its ideal state.
Tried our tips and your phone is still unresponsive? Bring it to us and we will see what can be done. Please feel free to contact Batteries Shack for more information or to request our phone repair services.