Last time, we discussed the ways to maintain your car battery in order to prolong its lifespan. However, what happens when the battery’s life is nearing its end? How do you avoid potential damage and safety hazards if the battery dies mid-use? To answer these and any other questions, your Sterling Heights battery specialists are here for you.
The following are the common signs that your car battery needs to be replaced:
- The engine takes longer than usual to start.
- The engine start is often accompanied by a “protesting” sound.
- System warning lights begin appearing – it is best to test your battery in addition to what the lights indicate.
- Your car’s headlights are dimmer than they should be.
- The battery’s fluid level is rapidly decreasing.
- The battery’s fluid is leaking.
- You notice an unpleasant odor surrounding the battery.
- The battery’s casing is distorted or swollen.
If your car battery is approaching its 3-year mark, it is important to begin periodically testing it to ensure that you are prepared for its imminent death. Visit us at Batteries Shack, your local battery service center, and we will gladly assist you with ensuring that your current battery is still safe to use. If that is not the case, we will replace or repair your car battery in a quick and efficient manner so that you can get back on the road sooner. Call us today!